Thursday, August 07, 2008

Single and Loving It.

I've been single for the past 22 years of my life. I never really looked for that someone I'd spend my life with because I've always believed that when the time is right, someone will find me. Until this very day, that is how I've thought that special someone and I would meet.

I have to admit, being surrounded by friends who have boyfriends and girlfriends of their own, it's a bit tempting to find a love life of my own. But mainly, it's quite irritating because every now and then, my friends would tell me that they want me to go out with them, only to find out that they're bringing their boyfriends along while I go solo. It's rather exasperating, if you ask me, really. But I've always figured...when the time is right, the Lord will let me know that I'd meet the one I'm meant to be with. And it's really not by blind dates that I imagined I'd meet that special someone.

So here I am again, blogging about something I don't usually blog about: love.

Recently, I've been asked by my coworkers, "Marge, anong name ng boyfriend mo?" It's just now that I found out that they thought I was already in a relationship. Funny, I've always thought I gave off the "single and available" vibe. Turns out, they thought I have a boyfriend for a long time. I don't know why they would think that or how they could think it. Then again, I thought it would be better to just blank my head about it.

So I'm single. So I'm not looking for a relationship. So I'm not interested in anyone.

So what?

I'm happy. I'm free. I'm living life the way I want it.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be with someone in the future...but when it comes to big things like that, I do believe...all in God's time. I'm sure that when the time is right, I'd meet that one person and we'll fall in love and we'll be happy together. He's just around the corner...or maybe somewhere out there. Either way, he's going to find me.

All in God's time.

That's all that matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment