Thursday, August 14, 2008

Confession.

Time flies by so fast and I guess you're already tired hearing it -- or in this case, reading it -- from me. But I can't help it. It just hits me as if my pet cat, Gab, climbs up to my face just so he can wake me up in the morning. The analogy is weird, I must admit, but it's the closest thing I could come up with in the middle of the day where I should be eating lunch. Instead I am in the office, following up on important things that needs to be taken cared of ASAP.

So how come I can still blog in the middle of the day?

Because it's everyone's lunch break and I can't work on it unless I can talk to somebody about it.

So here I am, blogging. I'll probably be rambling before I realize it so I'm already apologizing if I don't make any sense right now. Hehehe.

There are actually lots of things I'm really happy about but recently, I've been smiling a lot...even if there's really no reason to smile, it's just there. And it's not just any ordinary smile. I don't know...from the way people have been describing it to me, it's a "glowing" smile. A smile which signifies that there's something in my life that I'm really happy about and that seems to spark something within me. I tried to think of reasons why I'm like this and I've come up with...

  • Work has been a blessing. Each day, I'm looking forward to going to the office and work on my desk. Funny how I never felt like I just started working last June. It feels as if I've been working there for a year or so. It's just one of the greatest feeling and I wish that feeling will not leave me.
  • Independence rocks! Being able to buy things for myself, on my own, is simply overwhelming. When I bought my first pair of shoes, I was just so proud. It really goes without saying that you'll know the value of money once you start earning.
  • I don't know if this is actually true for all people. Maybe it's just me. Since I started working, I have become closer to friends who have been working than to my college classmates. I don't know. Maybe it's the thrill of having something in common with my working friends -- the ups and downs of work. Hmm...it's a good thing I have yet to find a downside to my being editorial assistant.

Were you thinking any of the reasons I've just said? No? I guess it's time to tell the truth.

Readers and bloggers, I have a confession to make. The truth is this...and only this.

I am in love.

Yes, it's true. I am in love. But not with anyone. For your information, no one has yet to make me go weak on the knees and make me smile from the morning I wake up until the night I go to sleep. No one has yet to make my heart skip a beat with a simple touch and make my heart melt with a simple smile. No, unfortunately for those who wish there was already someone who can do that to me, sorry to say, there's none yet.

But I am in love. No one knew about it but I've been watching Meet Joe Black over and over again for the past two weeks.

There was something about that movie that made me feel like I was really in love. That's why I was watching it...again and again and again. It wasn't because of Brad Pitt, let me tell you that. But it was because of something he said. It was because of that one line that made the whole movie...great.

"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."

When I heard these words, I wished it was said to me. I wish there was someone who could declare that much love for me. Call me corny, call me too mushy, I really don't care. But the moment Brad Pitt delivered that most endearing line, I wished for that someone to tell me the exact same thing. Because that's how I would have described love. Those words were the most perfect, most fitting description I have ever heard of about one of the most indefinable feeling in the world.

Doesn't it feel good to be in love?

There you go.

I've told you all about me being in love.

I guess the next time I'd say I'm in love, I'd figure there is already someone who has made me fallen for him.

In God's time, I know he will come.


Until then,


No comments:

Post a Comment