Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thank God for InFlight!

InFlight magazine is probably one of the best things that happened to me. I do believe working here is one of the greatest blessings that the Lord has given me.

Go ahead. Think that I'm being too spiritual or too religious. Because to tell you honestly, I'd rather be thought of as the type of person who thanks God every single day for giving me a job at InFlight rather than be thought of as someone who gives credit to herself because she managed to become the editorial assistant of a magazine.

Despite my qualifications to work for such a position, I never once thought that it was because of it that I got hired. Since before I got the job, I was praying to God to put me where I would be happy, where I could enjoy what I do...where I would not feel that I was working. I wasn't praying that I be placed in SEAIR InFlight. I was praying that I be placed where I would be most satisfied. God listened...as always.

I remember the very day I heard Ms. Monica asked me, "Can you start tomorrow?" Deep inside, I was already saying my thanksgiving prayer to the Lord. It was too good to be true for me. It was a moment I couldn't find words to express how I felt at that moment. All I kept doing was say "thank you" to God for this great blessing He has bestowed upon me.

It was as if...the moment I started working in InFlight, everything just fell into place. That everything was meant to be that way.

Upon learning I got the job, I immediately went to Greenbelt Chapel. I prayed to the Lord and said so many words of gratitude. It was like...it wasn't enough to just express how grateful I was to His blessing. I guess, at that point...I was just ready to be God's vessel. I knew in my heart that He would not have given me this opportunity if it was all for my own sake. I knew in my heart that this is something I had to do so I can be a better person, not just for myself, but for those around me. To be of help to my family and to be a mentor or guide to my friends and to those who look up to me. It was more for them than for myself.

Thank God for InFlight!

Until then,

No comments:

Post a Comment