Friday, July 18, 2008

Ranting about Buses.

Once again, I blog in the wee hours of the morning. It's not really my fault, though. I was having a peaceful sleep when a glint of light shone by the corner of my eye. Papi was surprisingly awake. 2:45 in the morning. Tsk tsk.

So here I am with nothing to do (yet). Let me take out my frustrations from last night.

I was on my way home from work. As usual, I took a bus to SM Mall of Asia. From there, I would be riding a shuttle up to Buendia-LRT. But let me just talk about the bus. I don't understand the need to fill up the bus before driving off the station. I mean, I get that everyone has to be seated -- but do they have to make sure that there are also people standing up? Is it a "requirement" to them? I don't get it. I really don't. It's frustrating to get in the bus, take a seat, and wait until you can almost suffocate because the conductor is telling passengers that there's still room for more. What's the point? Honestly?

It's bad enough that the conductor does this sort of thing, but I find it worse that people would let themselves in the bus and stand in the aisle while the bus drives off to its destination. Were they rushing? I can't imagine anyone putting themselves through that. Me...I feel like I could suffocate with the many people riding the bus. And it's not just about the people. It's their stuff too. Whenever I sit by the aisle, I could feel bags hitting me on my shoulder. I could lose my temper!

I hate buses. I do. But I can't afford to hop on a taxi just so I can get to the office or go home from work. It's a necessity for me. But I assure you that I wouldn't ride a bus if there are people standing already.

Till my next entry,



No comments:

Post a Comment