Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rain.

It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Saturday. I'm sitting here on the couch with the laptop placed painstakingly in the middle of the coffee table. I had nothing to write about. I kept thinking of what I could possible share with the readers at this point. Despite the nothingness that is filling my head at this second, I had to find a way to do something about it. I'm bored. Something needs to be done to rid me of this state of mind.

And there it is. That scent that I have known every time it arrives. Rain. Yes, once again, the rain has fallen and I am doing nothing but stay inside where I can stay dry. You never know what's going to happen when I get caught in the rain.

There was always something about the rain. Something not really good, I should say. There was always that hint of hopelessness that comes over me as I watch the rain fall to the ground. And yet, today was different. Today, despite the current conditions, I seem to be feeling happy. I still feel good about something. I just wish I knew what it is. Because whatever it is, I'd want to know the reason why I'm happy as it is.

I've noticed something about myself recently. I've been happy. Happier than usual, if that's even possible. I don't know -- since I got my job, I have been happy...with just about everything. I know it's not because of a guy because there isn't any. I know it's not because of new stuff because I haven't bought anything yet. So what is it?

I really don't know. I really can't say. I just can't put my finger on it. But isn't it enough to say that I'm happy? I shouldn't be looking for any reasons. There comes a point in one's life that you just accept things for the way it is. I'm happy and that's it.

So I guess today, something good came out of the rain.


Till my next entry,


No comments:

Post a Comment