Sunday, October 05, 2008

Second After-Work Gimik with Ate Det and Jan.

Last Friday, I had my second after-work gimik with my friends Ate Det and Jan. If you've read my blog, you'll remember that the last time I went out with these two was four months ago. Actually, 3 month and a half months, to be more precise. But unlike the first time, it was Jan's turn to treat us out. You see the pattern? Now you know who's going to treat out the next time we meet. Hint, hint.

So, ok. The three of us arranged to meet up between 5:45 and 6:00 in the evening at Bacolod Chicken Inasal in Greenbelt 1. Good thing I was already out of the office. No, I didn't leave early. I had a meeting with InFlight and LEP for a special project in SEAIR and we decided to do the meeting at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at Greenbelt 3. The meeting started 3:30 in the afternoon and it ended 5:30. Wow! That was quite a long meeting. I didn't even notice since most of the meeting, we were all laughing. Hahaha!

With 15 minutes to spare, I decided to scout for some books in National Bookstore. Note to self:
Must buy "Tikman ang Langit: An Anthology on the Eraserheads" by Robin Rivera. I got a call from Jan saying that they were near our meeting place. After ten minutes, Jan called again saying that they were already there. Great! And so, there we were at Bacolod Chicken Inasal...hahaha! This actually reminds me of the television sitcom, Three's Company -- only with us, we're not living together in an apartment and no one pretended to be gay.

Hahaha! It was kind of funny, you know, how dinner went. Although I have to apologize for the cell phone calls. Bad Margie, bad. Things have just been pretty hectic at work. Once again, sorry. Ok, back to the story. Somehow, our dinner-slash-bonding time turned into Jan's hot seat moment. Hahaha! I don't think it's so much of a hot seat since the conversation went on just fine. But definitely, if there were spotlights, every one of those would be pointed towards Jan. Let's not get into the details of the conversation. That's between the three of us.

After eating paa, pecho, atay, garlic and plain rice and a couple of glasses of iced tea, everyone was in the mood for Dairy Queen Blizzards. So from Greenbelt 1, we walked back to Glorietta 4 to order some blizzards. Mmmm...I haven't had a DQ Blizzard for the longest time so to have one at that time was simply divine! Chocolate Chip Blizzard never tasted better.

And then, picture time!




Since there wasn't so much to do next, we all decided to go home. Once again, I apologize to Ate Det and Jan for walking with me all the way to Greenbelt just so I can get into a taxi.


Thanks a lot to Ate Det and Jan for another wonderful bonding session. Till our next "meeting."

No comments:

Post a Comment