Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Working Part-Time Helps But...

For the past two days, I have been helping out my parents finish the Financial Reports of their clients for the filing of the Income Tax Return. Oh yes, it is audit season once again and it's back to working part-time for them.

Good news: I get paid for the work I do. I didn't ask for it, but my parents make it a point that I get paid for it. Another good thing about this is that I get to keep my mind off certain things. Since I'm too busy with the work, I am focused on doing what needs to be done.

Bad news: At the end of the day, when the work load is done, I go back to feeling how I really feel.

Once again, I miss everything I used to do. I miss everyone I used to hang out with. It's a hard thing to do. Diverting your attention to something else when all you can really think about is that one thing.

I lock myself in this place I call home and make myself feel like I am a prisoner sentenced for life. I allow myself to be dragged to the ground as if I am the most horrible person alive. Then again, I do think I am the most horrible person in this world.

How I wish I could go out without thinking about the bad things that happened before. As much as I would not want to think about it, unfortunately for me, I cannot go past that crucial moment I stepped out of the door of our house.

It's really going to take some time before I can really be happy.

Wish me luck, my dear readers. Hopefully, sooner (rather than later), I'll be able to move on.




No comments:

Post a Comment