Thursday, March 27, 2008

Before I Go to Sleep.

Here I go again, blogging before I go to sleep. That seems to be the trend for me nowadays. Blog first, sleep later. So what do I blog about tonight?

You'd think I would immediately know what I would blog about the moment I open my blog. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Every time, my mind is completely blank on what I would post. And every time, I am amazed that I get to post something I never thought I would. William Forrester has taught me well, I have to say.

For those of you who don't know yet, I am an aspiring writer. Yes, until now, I am an aspiring writer. I still cannot say that I've accomplished anything since the only people who have read the things that I've written are my family and friends. Some articles are well-received while some have been criticized, mostly by my Dad. Nonetheless, what they say is not really a hurdle for me to make me stop from writing.

I remember the movie, "Finding Forrester" starring Sean Connery as the reclusive writer, William Forrester. When writing, Forrester said to Jamal Wallace (played by Rob Brown), "No thinking -- that comes later. You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is...to write, not to think!"

How true.

I believe that, too. Writing comes from the heart. Maybe that's why I am able to produce these entries for my blog. When I think about what I'm supposed to write or what I want to write about, I usually come up with nothing. But then I would stop thinking...and I would end up with something that I really wanted to write about in the first place. Forrester said it all, "Writers write things to give readers something to read."

Hmm...I guess it's time to sleep.

Good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment