Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thoughts.

Ever lie on your bed with the next hundred things you have to do to run through your head?
Ever lost touch and let a good friendship fade because you never had time to call and say hi?
When you run too fast to get somewhere, you miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day, it's like an unopened gift thrown away.

This is basically what's been happening to me.
I have wallowed in my job that I am suddenly out of touch with the other things around me.
I hate to say it, but I was living the life my mom feared I'd have if I was so career-oriented.
But I was sad and work is the only solution I could think of to not think about my grief.

What I thought to be a "good alternative" turned out to be an issue waiting to happen.
Everyone at work was noticing my apparent despondency.
So everyone has asked me what's really the matter with me.
Thank you for the concern -- but it's hard to talk about something like this.

It seemed I was inconsolable...and I guess, I'm pretty much that.
Nothing that people are telling me is sinking into my head.
No matter how much they try to cheer me up, I just feel down.
Can't I just cry it all out without feeling stupid?

But I'd like to thank one person -- who surely tried his best to make me feel better.
The person who told me that there's so much around to divert my sadness to...
So all I had to do was listen to the music.
To him, I say thank you for trying.

Maybe this time, I'll stop to listen to the rain pouring on the ground or gaze at the sun in the fading sky.
After all, life's not a race.
I should take it slower.
Really listen to the song before it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment