Friday, November 14, 2008

God's Answer in the Most Unexpected Time.

I thought that by the end of the day, I'd be sharing a story of what I did today. But I had to blog about this one.

No, I won't be ranting. I won't be complaining one single bit. But this is something I must share. This is going to be short.

It was the most unexpected answer I got from God. If I was waiting for His answer, this was the farthest from what I was anticipating. He answered a prayer I have offered six months ago. Little did I know that His answer would be the one I really needed.

I was reading Boy Meets Girl. It's a book about an honest, romantic and refreshingly biblical look at relationship. Dating with a purpose, to be more accurate. Author Joshua Harris writes about friendship plus possibility, about romance chaperoned by wisdom. It's about finding a lifetime partner in a way that's God-centered and not self-centered.

It's actually the third time I've read it. The thing is...it is just now that I have come to realize what the author was talking about. I was reading the fourth chapter of the book, "Tell Me How, Tell Me Who, Tell Me When!" The chapter speaks of how God guides us to the right thing at the right time.

Just as I closed the book after reading that chapter, I got a message from a friend. It read:

"God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you NEED. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be."

It was perfect. I felt it. It was what I needed to know from God.

What this message really meant...let's just say, it's between me and Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment