Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Before the Month Passes Me By.

No matter what, I made it a point that I will blog today. Whether I make any sense or not, I want to post an entry today. Nothing special, I just wanted to blog about something, even if I don't make any sense in the process.

Of course, it's a good thing that I don't have to worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow was declared a regular holiday in observance of Eid L' Fitr, a Muslim feast that marks the end of Ramadan. Not only that, tomorrow, I will be saying hello to a brand new month. Oh yes, today is the last day of the month and when I wake up tomorrow, my eyes will be blinking to the beginning of another month. October has come and in a few hours it will arrive. Joyful, joyful!

Speaking of the month of October, I can't wait for the magazines to arrive! This is my most anticipated issue yet. I have a feeling this one's going to set the bar higher and that is just the motivation I need to be better at what I'm doing.

Gosh! You wouldn't believe how exhausting today was at work. I was in the office from 9:30AM until 6:45PM. Yes, it was a very busy day. From the time I got in the office till the second I went out, the only free time I had was my lunch break. Sure, I could still chat with some people but it really was a busy day. Meetings, phone calls, research, and interviews filled my day. I have to admit, it was the busiest day I've had since I started working in June. But then again, who's complaining? Not me, that's for sure. Surprising as it may be to some people, I have yet to complain about anything related to my work. I love it and I'm happy working with my company.

Despite being busy all day, I was able to see two of my former TS pals, Lei and Ian. I even ate dinner with them! It was really nice to bond with them even if it was just for a little while. If I didn't need to be home by 9:00, I would have stayed longer. We all have so much to talk about. Nonetheless, I had a lovely reunion with them.

Hmm...what else can I blog about? Oh yeah! I can't wait for Thursday! I'm going on a photo shoot for our upcoming issue (no, I'm not there to be a model or anything -- I just need to be there). The shoot is going to be at LOWE Worldwide -- a multinational advertising agency, one of the top agencies in the country, I believe. The agency created advertising campaigns for Alaska Milk, Ginebra San Miguel, and Surf. I have to be there by 9:00 in the morning. That means I have to wake up uber early so I can go out early. I still have to go to the office to go with Ms. Jen so that we'll go to the venue together. I think that means I need to leave home around 7:30 in the morning. Wow! Oh well...no problem.

Also, on Thursday, my boss, Ms. Monica is going to interview the oh-so-famous jeweler Hans Brumann. I thank God that I was able to pull this off! Thanks to the connections I've made, I knew who to talk to so we can get Hans Brumann. I am so in love with his collection! They're so simple and yet they are absolutely stunning! How I wish I could afford to buy even one of his creations.

Funny story about the Hans Brumann interview. Ms. Didi, my contact for Hans, asked my mom who is going to interview Hans. Mama told her that Ms. Monica was going to do it. Surprised, Ms. Didi said she thought I was going to interview him since I was making the arrangements. Oh how I wish I could interview someone of his caliber. But my time has yet to come. I'm still a rookie and interviewing Hans is (in my opinion) out of my league. With things like that, an expert in needed and Ms. Monica is just the person for the job! Fret not, Ms. Didi...the day will come when I'm good at my work and they'll finally let me interview big celebrities. Hehehe...

Well, it's almost midnight and I've already yawned 8 times for the past hour. I believe I'm about to fall asleep. Hahaha!

Till my next entry, I bid you all adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment