Monday, September 15, 2008

What I've Been Looking For.

For days, I have been trying to come up with a good topic to blog about. Somehow, I ended up with this. A list. The list, you might say. I don't know how exactly I came up with this. It's probably been buried in my subconscious for the past few days. Or maybe I've been watching way too many romantic movies that I came up with this list. Then again, maybe it's because people have been hounding on me (yet again) on why I am still single.

Whatever the reason is, here I am blogging away, just so I can get this out of my system. I never realized that it's such a long list. Some imagination I have. Hahaha! Can I help it? I'm a hopeless romantic. Always have. Everyone who knows me can attest to that. So for those of you who are curious at to what my ideal kind of guy is...here it is. The list.

A guy who...

...is close to his family
...is God-fearing
...has been my friend for a long time
...gets along with my family and my friends
...will come to my house and ask permission from my family to court me
...can make me go weak on the knees by a simple smile
...can make me smile because of his mere presence
...will surprise me at work once in a while
...does not smoke
...loves to cook
...loves to eat too
...is able to make me chat with him for hours nonstop
...has the courage to serenade me in front of a lot of people
...dances with me even if I'm too shy to do so
...will hug me, especially in my times of sadness
...texts me sweet nothings
...accepts me wholly
...helps me develop my strengths
...encourages me to face my fears
...understands my weaknesses
...stands up and fight with me when I am about to give up
...remembers the tiny details of our relationship
...doesn't even try to change me
...gives me the inspiration to do what I love doing
...can make me sing like I've never sung before
...knows when I'm serious
...makes me laugh with his sense of humor
...can tell how I feel by merely looking at me
...will give me some time alone when I ask for it
...can make my family happy
...can make me blush by a simple touch
...is a sharp-dresser
...can be vain -- but not as vain as I am
...is not so fond of signature clothings
...can take me out-of-town now and then
...doesn't need to go through all the trouble to impress me
...can share his problems with me even if he doesn't really want to
...can laugh with me when things are down
...is not afraid to say "I love you"
...takes me out to dinner after a long day at work
...holds my hand while walking
...will call me on my cellphone so early in the morning just to wake me up
...makes sure I'm always on the safe side of the road
...lets me go out with my friends without him
...trusts me
...can attend mass with me from time to time
...comes with me to watch plays that I'd love to see
...makes an effort to play an instrument (yes, I have a thing for musicians)
...I can make future plans together
...explains things I don't understand
...is frank with me
...corrects me when I'm wrong
...appreciates what I did, no matter how small or how big it may be
...laughs at my jokes, even if I'm trying hard
...likes to take care of kids
...shares my passion in life
...treats me like I'm his princess
...is a gentleman
...is confident of his own capabilities
...knows his limits
...asks for my help when he needs it
...is not too proud to not ask for directions when we get lost
...kisses me good night -- even if he just sends it through a text message
...I can talk to on the phone for hours
...knows how to handle problems
...is not afraid to take a risk
...is stable in all aspects
...won't give up on our relationship
...will protect me from harm
...visits me when I'm sick at home
...reassures me that everything will be fine
...likes taking pictures
...will sing with me even if we don't blend
...is not afraid to show people how much he loves me
...proposes to me in the most unexpected way
...will take me to the beach just to relax
...introduces me to his family
...can tell me about his past relationship/s
...plans a surprise party for me
...gives me a single red rose
...gives me yellow roses
...can give me a thornless red rose
...can give me a yellow rose with red tip
...leaves post-it notes from time to time
...shares my love for Japanese food
...knows it's my period (hahaha!)
...will take me to an event featuring my all-time favorite singer, Lea Salonga
...will take me to Christian Bautista's concert
...will let me pay for him on occasions I invited him to
...knows how to soften up my dad
...is chummy with my mom
...bonds well with my brothers
...is not scared of my other relatives
...is clean living
...is huggable like a teddy bear
...can promise he will take care of me for the rest of his life and keep it too
...can stand in front of a crowd and declare his love for me
...can make my heart skip a beat by just the thought of him
...makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful person to him
...looks me in the eye and say, "You're the one"

and most of all

...loves me -- just because.

o O o

I know, I know. It's too cheezy, too mushy...too romantic. I don't care. It is how it is. That's how I feel. That's the guy I want to be with.

*Sigh*

Until that day comes, I'll be right here...waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment