Friday, June 13, 2008

Blogging Again: Part Two.

Yesterday was probably one of the more exciting days I have had in months. I got a call two days ago about a job interview in Southeast Asian Airlines (SEAIR). No, it's not for a flight attendant position. I applied for the position of editorial assistant for InFlight Magazine. I was so excited that I couldn't even sleep the night before the interview.

I got up at 6:00 in the morning -- seven hours before my scheduled interview with Ms. Monica De Leon, the assistant editor of InFlight magazine. The morning was actually routinary. Freshened up, prepared breakfast, cleaned the table after -- you get the drill. Everything was the same until 11:00. I looked into my closet and chose a simple white blouse and a pair of black pinstriped slacks. After picking out what I was going to wear for the interview, I took an early lunch, eating tinola and shrimp.

As meticulous as I could be, I ironed my clothes until I was satisfied that there were no more wrinkles. If you think that I was already vain with the clothes I was about to wear, think again. I was 100% vainer with my hair! After showering, putting my clothes on and applying light make-up, the rest of my time was devoted to fix my hair. I tell you, I didn't stop until I was sure that not one strand of hair was out of place. My dad kept telling me what time it was. I really didn't pay much attention (sorry, Dad). I knew I was on schedule. After 20 minutes of drying, brushing, parting, setting, and styling my hair, I was finally ready to go. 12:25 PM...five minutes before I had to leave the house.

Grabbing my bag and my files for the interview, I was ready to go. But not everything happens as planned. The moment I opened the door, rain started to pour. Immediately, I grabbed my umbrella and went on my way. Good thing there was a taxi waiting in front of the condominium when I got downstairs.

I arrived at the office at 12:55 P.M. I don't really want to tell the details of the interview. But what must be said is that...everything went well.

I do hope I get the job. It seems like it's a good opportunity for me to start a career. Hehehe...

Well, until my next entry, I bid you all, adieu!





No comments:

Post a Comment