Sunday, June 08, 2008

Blogging Again: Part One

It's been a while since I logged in my blog and typed anything. Somehow, I find myself having a hard time blogging any thoughts at all. Writer's block, I'm guessing. Whenever I'm in front of my laptop, all I can do is stare at the blinking cursor for who knows how long. It's a real bummer. Not able to blog, especially when all you really want to do is just that. Every minute that passes by, it kills me. It sucks. It really does.

And then today happened. I was reading the Philippine Star today and I stumbled upon Jim Paredes' column, aptly entitled, "Why I blog." As if it was a sign sent down to me from the heavens, the article struck me, it sparked something inside me that I haven't felt in a while. "A writer writes with the hope that the world will read what he writes." That sentence said so much more than I ever imagined. All of a sudden, everything was so surreal. I felt relieved. I felt like the inspiration is back...I got my "muse" back!

At this point, it really doesn't matter to me whether or not this blog is going anywhere. In a while, maybe it will. I'm just so thrilled that I can blog again.

I missed this. I really missed being able to blog. I miss that feeling of exhilaration whenever I finish an entry to publish. As many of you know, writing is my way to de-stress. It's my way of releasing everything that's building up inside. Writing helps me cope up with whatever I'm feeling. It's a part of my life. I remember opening my journal, pen at hand, anxious to write down whatever pops in my head. And then...nothing. I hate it when that happens. Coming up with absolutely nothing. Tsk tsk.


But then everything clears up and I write. After that, nothing else matters.

So I guess here I am blogging...

Enjoy whatever you are about to read!




No comments:

Post a Comment