Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Letter of Realization (Part 2)

Disclaimer:
After work, I have decided to go to the park by myself so I could reflect on some things. Maybe it's really the Valentine season that's getting to me. I am feeling quite emotional. Pardon my being dramatic at this point. I just feel like letting it out.
To the ones who have found their heart's desire, may this letter help you realize the love you have for that someone.
To those who are confused, let this be your strength to work up the courage to say how you really feel.
To those who are still looking or waiting for love, let this letter guide you into finding the one whom you will give your love to.


o O o

Dearest,

Words cannot describe what goes through my mind when I think of you. It makes me wonder how someone can think of one person almost every single second, minute and hour of every day.

You are truly amazing in every way -- the good and the bad. There was a time when I just didn't think it was possible for me to feel like this again. How do you say "thank you" to the person who has just given you the chance to fall in love again? It is something I thought would never touch my heart, my soul and my mind so deeply.

It seems difficult to express my gratitude to you, with whom I have shared cherished moments. "Thank you" seems so small in comparison to the world you have shown me. Even though these were just a few stolen hours, my world is forever changed.

But... I sit here and ask myself how it is possible for two people who care so much about one another find it so hard to just move forward.

I have experienced both love and what I thought was love, and found pain and hurt. The real definition of love... is you. You have given me everything and more. All those times we shared with one another is breathtaking.

My problems, which you have not caused, are but small deteriorating objects that escape my mind when you comfort me. You respect me, you understand me, you help me become a better person.

You brought out the real me... the person who has been shut away from her feelings, worrying too much about others rather than herself, neglecting what means the most. The friendship we share is like no other. You look our for me. Helping me each day with the patience I need with others. If I fall, you are right beside me to lift me up.

Right now, I need you to help me understand where I stand in your life. Sometimes, you leave me confused with your actions. It makes me crazy, when it really should be giving me unconditional happiness. I just need you to tell me what is and what isn't.

I want you to know... regardless of what you feel or don't feel... to me, you will always be the one who took time out of your life to show me how much I have missed. You are the remedy to my pain. You made my heart whole again, mended it with your thoughtfulness, your kindness, your well-being.

We were once strangers... but now, we are part of each other's lives. Thank you for stepping into my life.

Thank you for being the guy who took my breath away so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment