Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Letter of Letting Go.

I'm posting one of my old letters. I wrote this three years ago. While I was going through some of my old stuff, I found this and I thought I'd post it. Seems like it's just right to post it now. At this time.

This is a letter I will probably never send to you. What is left of my heart is in this letter, and if only it were as easy as to give you this letter, I would.

I cannot recall a more pleasant time since that day I met you. Everything felt so natural; it's hard for me to identify what it is about you that attracts me so. I suppose it might be the combination of your sense of humor, your charming personality and your good looks. Whatever it is, I can sense it. Call it chemistry, or better yet, the possibility that we are on the same wavelength.

There's just so much about you that I see in you. When I met you, as if by a God-sent blessing, I thought I saw a light of understanding. I wasn't like this before. Before you, I lived a peaceful life. I could go and return home and feel no trouble. But now, I feel I am a disturbed mind and soul.

The truth is...we have shared many good times together. I laughed with you and had some unforgettable moments with you. If only I could figure out why we are like this right now. But after much thought, after much contemplation, I've given in. I've resigned to what we really are -- two people with two separate lives. No more, no less.

Everyday, I am waiting for signs, which sometimes leaves me with hopeless expectations. Every move and every action you make, I interpret. I am like a fool watching every moment of you. So, I let you go.

With that, I say my farewell. I am letting you go. Reality has its own effortless course, and I can either embrace its way or struggle endlessly with mine. I choose to embrace it.

For the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment