Friday, March 13, 2009

Smiling Like Crazy.

It's one of those days that I can just say, "I'm so happy, I couldn't stop smiling." Even as I was walking on my way home today, I can't help but smile at the thought that was running through my head.

For those who don't know, it's because of one guy. Yes, the reason for my spontaneous smiles and my everyday giddiness is him. For those who know who "him" is, well, ok, I'll say it. His name is Van.

I've said it before. I feel happy, lighthearted when he's around. Never a day went by when I didn't smile when I saw him at work. He's too darn contagious. When he's around, I could just feel his energy. He's infectious, that's what he is. I can't help laugh at his quirks.

Today, I was so surprised when out of nowhere he gave me ice cream -- Double Dutch. A personal favorite, I might add.

I know I shouldn't too excited over this but the fact that it's happening to me now...every day...I just feel like I'm in a place where I can stay there until the feeling subsides...and the funny thing is that I feel the feeling will never subside. Because he's always around.

I told myself I wouldn't be like this. Be too eager with these feelings. But when I think about it, I keep telling myself, I deserve to feel this happiness. I remember my prayer to God. I asked Him to let me meet someone who can surprise me at work from time to time. And He let me meet someone who surprises me everyday at work. Whether it be he comes in the office and says, "Hey Marge" in his Homer Simpson impersonation...whether it be he says "Kain" as his greeting to me...whether he comes in the office from out of nowhere and makes me jump out of my seat...whether he takes my food and finishes it off and then comes back and gives me food to replace the ones he ate. The point is, he manages to surprise me.

Thank you, God! You really have the best sense of humor.

I'm sorry. I know I've never sounded like this in my blog entries. But this heartwarming feeling inside of me is too much to contain, I just had to let it out and share it with you.

Bottom line: I'm just happy to know someone like Van.


No comments:

Post a Comment