Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why I'm Called a WEIRDO.

This is not the first time that I have been called a "weirdo." I have been labeled as such by my brothers and my friends. But then, the blogging biz is quite a hype and you know how it goes when you see a topic and you can't help but answer it.

All right! Let's begin.

I am called a WEIRDO for the following reasons:

1. I've never had a room of my own.
Yes, for 23 years, I have never had my own room. Right now, I sleep in our living room on our couch. The two bedrooms in our condo unit are occupied by my parents and my brother. Of course, I should be the one with the room since I am the girl and I need more private time than my brother. But my brother's as weird as I am, saying he's the one who needs the privacy. He played the "artist card." Hmp! So yes, my room is the living room.

2. I prefer reading political or philosophical literature than romance novels.
Not that I have anything against them, but I'd much rather read literature about Plato and Aristotle than characters written by Nora Roberts or Christina Dodd. I don't own any romance novel. But sure, I read light books.

3. I am still single.
Ok. I don't really know how this fits in for being a weirdo, but according to some of my friends that at my age, I should have a boyfriend by now. Hey, it's not that I want to be single forever, you know. Just not now. And they call me weird for it. According to my friends, it's an unresolved mystery. Why is it that until now, I am not in a relationship? Is it because I studied in an all-girls-school institution? Is it because I am just not interested? Or is it because...hmm...I don't think I'll finish the last statement. Hahaha!

4. I don't own rubber shoes or sneakers.
Another fact about me that people are having such a hard time to believe. No, I don't own any rubber shoes or sneakers. As soon as PE was over, I am done with them. Sorry people, I'm just not the rubber shoes-slash-sneakers type of gal. I'm more of the sandals-and-stiletto type.

5. I have a mini-library at home.
Oh yes! It's true. It's true. It's definitely a library at our home. Everywhere you go, in our home, books are piled up and yes, everyone at home has read every single book. My last book count for my books is 203. Still counting...

6. I blush profusely when a certain someone gives me compliments.
It's nice to get compliments once in a while. However, I can't help but blush whenever someone gives me compliments. I guess it's just because I've never gotten used to it. After all, being in an exclusive all-girls school from elementary until college never really gave me the chance to hear stuff like that. So when I get compliments, though I usually say my thanks, I always think something's up.

* * *

That ends my blog for the day.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment