Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Unexpected Rain.

I was at my usual spot at home -- the couch in the living room. Restlessly, I was waiting for five o'clock to arrive so I can finally watch "Law and Order" in FoxCrime. It was around 4:45 in the afternoon when I smelled the familiar (and unexpected) scent of rain.

Yes, it was raining.

I immediately stood up and went out to see. Definitely rain. I have to admit, it was a pleasant surprise. The rain that fell was something I was waiting for since the summer heat made its presence known. Still, I could not help but feel a little more depressed than I have been since the past month. As soon as I smelled that oh-so-familiar scent, all I wanted to do at that second was go out of the condominium and bathe myself in the rain. I wanted so much to feel droplets of the rain on my skin. Somehow, I imagined that doing so will make me feel free, at least at that moment.

Then again, the pouring rain reminds me of how empty I feel at the moment. The pouring rain reminds me of the things I have missed for the past few weeks. The month of April has finally begun. Birthdays are coming up. Kuya Rom, mine, Mama...of course, the birthdays of friends. Unfortunately, it's very hard for me to muster that much courage to pick up the telephone and greet my friends. Still, I remember each and every one of their birthdays.

Rain.

How I was wish I can be a part of the rain. So that somehow, I am able to reach the people I want to see, the same people I want to talk to.



No comments:

Post a Comment