Friday, February 19, 2010

Random Blogging.

It's 3:30 in the afternoon on a Friday and surprisingly, I'm not that swamped with work like the past few days. Today, I am totally aware of the time -- which meant that I actually ate on time. When I got back to the office, not so much happening. I've a lot of things to write, yes, but nothing to stress about. It's actually rare that I get to be so...un-busy. Hehehehe.

So ok, here I am blogging. Looking over my shoulder from time to time, cautious that someone might see me logged in my Blogger account. Haha! I look at my to-do list for the day and five out of five things I list down I'll do have been highlighted, which means I have finally done the task. Wow! Seriously, I don't get to experience this often since I started working. Oh well, might as well enjoy the "free" time.

All right. We're about to end the second month of the year, and believe it or not, things are already going so much better than what I had planned it to be. I guess the realization just hit me when I got back from my trips to wherever. Haha! Two months in, and already I've made a lot of new friends, been to nine destinations already and have gone out with friends for four times. I'm loving it!

Work, as always, has been super hectic, of course. Lots of schedules, lots of interviews, lots of things to do. They say, it's all about time management. Well, as a dear friend once said, "It's not time management. It's the art of eliminating tasks." Thanks to him, I think I've gotten the hang of eliminating tasks. Hehehehe...

Now what? Well, ok...this may seem a little over-the-top, but in 53 days, I am celebrating my 24th birthday! Crazy, right? I admit it. But hey...I'm just really excited about turning a year older. There's something about turning 24 that makes me really ecstatic to celebrate. Like last year, I will be preparing a mini buffet for my officemates. Hehe. I already have a menu in mind but let me keep it to myself. I don't want to spoil the fun for my officemates.

When I turned 23 last year, I told everyone that it's the best -- and I do mean the best -- celebration so far! And I have this feeling that this year's going to be even better than the last. This early on, my mom has been telling me of her birthday wish for me. For some, you might know what that wish is already. For those who don't, just wait till it's my birthday. Then I'll tell you all about it. Hahahaha!

Let me take this time to express my gratitude to the blessings that have happened to me for the past two months. Some of the wonderful blessings I have received are:
  1. Getting the DVD special collector's edition of one of my all time favorite movies, Forrest Gump ("Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.") -- I swear, this has got to be the most expensive gift I've gotten from anyone outside the family
  2. Celebrating Mam Delza's and Ms. Mons' birthdays at Cafe La Carmela with the LEP and InFlight family (Yeah, it was definitely a blast!)
  3. Pepper Lunch date with Jan and Det (The monthly bonding moments commence...when's our next date?) -- Who's next? Jan? Where to? Hehehe...
  4. Bonding sessions with Alla and Euki (Let's get together as much as possible, all right? Hehehehe... you know I miss you terribly!) -- When's our next date, girls? Haha!
  5. Lakbay Norte (This is one of the biggest highlights of my first two months in 2010! The best experience, so far!) -- I've gained new friends and I can't wait to see them soon. When's our next night out?
  6. Getting free Starbucks drinks for two separate weeks (Oh I just love the iced soy caramel macchiatto!) -- Just before I went to participate in the Lakbay Norte media tour and just as I am about to go to another business trip, I am getting my favorite customized drink! Oh how wonderful it is to be a regular in Starbucks!
Yes, yes, yes! I am definitely one happy person. Hahahaha! Despite not celebrating Valentine's day (because I opted to celebrate Chinese New Year with the family), everything's great!

All right, it's time to go back to work.

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment